CNC Mill Set Up/Operator (Ontario)
We are looking for a CNC Mill Set Up/Operator, candidate must have 3+ years set up experience with cnc mills.
- Fulltime position, 4-day work week, 10hr days, plus overtime as needed.
- 1st shift hours are 6am to 4:30pm.
In this position you will hold the responsibility of setting up Fadal, Robodrill and Haas mills. Candidates must be familiar with 3 & 4 axis milling. We specialize in short runs of precision plastic parts. We are a team-focused shop. This position requires a hard-working capable individual with the ability to multitask. You must be able to work well with others and have an eye for quality.
- Perform all machining tasks and other tasks as assigned.
- Set up jobs according to instructions from travelers to meet blueprint dimensions.
- Ability to inspect parts.
- Responsible for quality of machined parts.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Clean machines after each job is completed.
- Run multiple machines.
- Able to work well with others
- Read blueprints & G-code
- Must have good math and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
Helpful Qualifications, but not required:
- Able to edit programs in Mastercam
- Familiar with 5 axis machining
- Able to set up CNC Lathes.
$18-$30 an hour, based on experience
medical, dental, vacation, 401k (plus employer match)
What do our CNC Machinists do?
At Uplandfab our CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) machinery from setup to operation. We produce mostly plastic parts with occasional small runs using other materials. Our Computer numeric controlled equipment is high precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into the plastic. We work with many different industries to create
As a CNC machinists at Upland Fab you'll make sure the CNC mills and lathes are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. You will also be responsible for making adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and proper cuts. CNC machinists will make sure their machines are working at full capacity, as well as making sure they're well stocked with needed materials, maintained properly and will be asked to perform periodic checks. Spot checks of the finished product will also be apart of your daily tasks to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production. Salary will be dependent on experience level.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Problem Solving: Uplandfab CNC machinists will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Detail: CNC machinists will work with multi-axis precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Math: Good math skills, and understanding complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure plastic parts are designed and built correctly.
- Mechanical and Technical: Knowledge of Fanuc controls and CNC programming is required; Familiarity with Mastercam CAD/CAM software is required; Plastics machining experience is required.
Upland Fab, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or military status. Upland Fab is a Drug-Free Workplace in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. A test for controlled substances may be required as a condition of any offer of employment.
Thanks for your interest in Upland Fab. We're always looking to grow our ever expanding company. If you're interested in any of our current job openings please fill out the following form, and we'll get in touch with you shortly. For additional employment information please contact us or call (909) 986-6565.