Industrial 3D Printing
3D printing is an additive process that quickly and cost-effectively prototypes and manufactures plastic components across markets. Precision plastic materials are added layer by layer to output parts with complex or simple geometries. It is a low-waste, customizable production method that delivers fast turnarounds.
Upland Fab has extensive experience fabricating complex plastic parts through 3D printing and CNC machining. We regularly complete projects for high-precision industries, including meeting aerospace-level quality standards, and we are ready to work within your required specifications. Our rigorous quality system includes full traceability, AQL sampling, AS9102 first articles, and much more. Our engineers always go the extra mile to optimize your designs and deliver exacting plastic parts.
Request a quote today to receive specific information relevant to your goals.
Precision Plastics for 3D Printing
3D printing plastics cover a wide range of precision materials. While many plastics are available for industrial 3D printing productions, popular high-performance choices include:
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- And many other precision 3D printing plastics!
If you do not see the plastic material required for your final part or production needs, contact us today. A representative will be in touch as soon as possible.
3D Printing Plastic Components for Industrial Applications
3D printing is the ideal solution for productions looking for fast prototyping, vast customization opportunities, and high-accuracy results. Typical applications that take advantage of 3D printing plastic parts include:
- Aerospace Components, including parts for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), satellites, injectors, heat exchangers, spacecraft or aircraft components, and much more.
- Medical Devices and Healthcare Parts, including patient-specific implants or prosthetics, complex surgical instruments, tissue and organ bio-printing, medical devices, and many other healthcare aids.
- Precision Plastic Electronics, such as circuit boards, connectors, wearable technology, sensors, and more.
3D Printing vs. CNC Machining
3D printing plastic components and CNC machining productions deliver excellent results for many applications. While both use CAD drawings or other designs to create your part, each process is suited for different jobs. Selecting the best manufacturing method for your production is critical for a quality final product.
Upland Fab has the 3D printing capabilities and other manufacturing services to support most orders. Call 909-986-6565 to speak directly with a highly trained member of the Upland Fab team. We will discuss your production goals and assist you in identifying the right process for your manufacturing run.
When to Choose 3D Printing
3D printing is a versatile, flexible way to quickly produce plastic products that match your specifications. This service offers:
- Quick delivery on net-shape parts
- Low production costs with minimal setup requirements
- Low-waste operations for eco-friendly productions
- And many other advantages!
When to Choose CNC Machining
CNC machining is a high-precision manufacturing method that offers extreme accuracy. While it is significantly more expensive than 3D printing plastic parts, machining makes up for the increased price through many other benefits:
- More precise and tighter tolerances compared to 3D printing
- Uses and delivers the full properties of plastic materials
- Produces accurate parts with a vast range of complexity
- And more!
Upland Fab Provides Precision Plastic Manufacturing for Complex Productions
With over 50 years of experience completing custom plastic productions, Upland Fab’s engineers and technicians are ready to bring your designs to life. We are ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100 Rev D certified, follow strict in-house quality guidelines, and are prepared to meet any industry-specific regulation or requirement. Contact us or request a quote today to learn more about how we can support your production.