CNC Machining Capabilities
At Upland Fab, we use sophisticated technologies to achieve the close tolerances that our customers require. Our plastic cutting services include:
- Plastic CNC Milling Fabrication: We manufacture customer parts to print using top-of-the-line equipment, such as 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis CNC mills. CNC milling technology enables us to produce highly complex, three-dimensional parts in a single setup, reducing setup time and part handling requirements for faster, more cost-effective fabrication. We work with Teflon™, honeycomb panels, and other precision plastics and composites.
- Plastic CNC Turning Technology: Our CNC plastic turning machines include everything from basic 2-axis lathes to an advanced 8-axis turning center which allows us to do repeat production of complex parts. In fact, we are the only plastic manufacturer with 8 axis CNC turning technology, giving us fabrication capabilities that no one else can match. We deliver highly complex plastic and composite parts that would be difficult or impossible to produce via other production methods.
- 5-Axis Machining Parts: 5 axis machining allows us to trim and drill parts efficiently faster and more efficiently than manual processes, and eliminates the possibility of human error. Our comprehensive 5-axis machining capabilities ensure that you receive top quality, high precision parts, and save you time and money on your project. Whether you need simple or complex parts, whether your project calls for composite materials, carbon fiber, or precision plastics, we are the proven experts!
- Digital Production Definition/Model Based Definition: Digital production definition (DPD), also known as model-based definition (MBD), allows us to manufacture and inspect parts directly from customer supplied CAD models. Digital production definition ensures that the parts we produce stay 100% true to your original design specifications, and eliminates unintentional modifications that can result from incomplete drawings, missed dimensions, or other missteps.
- Cryogenic Deburring Process: We use liquid nitrogen in our cryogenic deburring processes to remove burrs efficiently and effectively. Faster and more economical than hand deburring, cryo deburring is a precisely controlled process that first freezes, then blasts away burrs and other unwanted excess material from part surfaces without affecting the parts themselves!
Discover More About our Plastics and Composites Machining
We specialize in machining complex plastic and composite parts. Our plastics are used for a variety of industries, from aerospace to electronics to commercial applications. Our engineers are experts in plastics and will work with you to create the highest quality parts that meet your exact needs.
If you have questions about your project's unique needs or specifications, please contact us to get in touch with one of our engineers today!