Top-flight Plastics & Composite Machining Company in Southern California Since 1970
At Upland Fab, we use sophisticated technologies to achieve the close tolerances that our customers require. Our capabilities include:
- Plastic CNC Milling: We manufacture customer parts to print using top-of-the-line equipment, such as three-, four- and five-axis CNC mills. CNC milling technology enables us to produce highly complex, three-dimensional parts in a single setup, reducing setup time and part handling requirements for faster, more cost-effective fabrication. We work with Teflon™, honeycomb panels, and other precision plastics and composites.
- Plastic CNC Turning: Our CNC plastic turning equipment includes everything from basic 2-axis lathes to an advanced 8-axis turning center which allows us to do repeat production of complex parts. In fact, we are the only plastic manufacturer with 8-axis CNC turning technology, giving us fabrication capabilities that no one else can match. We deliver highly complex plastic and composite parts that would be difficult or impossible to produce via other production methods.
- 5-Axis Machining: 5-axis machining allows us to trim and drill parts efficiently faster and more efficiently than manual processes, and eliminates the possibility of human error. Our comprehensive 5-axis machining capabilities ensure that you receive top quality, high precision parts, and save you time and money on your project. Whether you need simple or complex parts, whether your project calls for composite materials, carbon fiber, or precision plastics, we are the proven experts!
- CMM Inspection: Our fully-automated CMM (coordinate measuring machine) inspection probe examines 100% of the parts we manufacture. CMM inspection measures the geometry of completed parts to detect any deviation from their design specifications. High-resolution measurement (within ±0.000001”) of thousands of references points provides real-time data for advanced quality control.
- Digital Production Definition/Model Based Definition: Digital production definition (DPD), also known as model-based definition (MBD), allows us to manufacture and inspect parts directly from customer supplied CAD models. Digital production definition ensures that the parts we produce stay 100% true to your original design specifications, and eliminates unintentional modifications that can result from incomplete drawings, missed dimensions, or other missteps.
- Cryogenic Deburring: We use liquid nitrogen in our cryogenic deburring processes to remove burrs efficiently and effectively. Faster and more economical than hand deburring, cryo deburring is a precisely controlled process that first freezes, then blasts away burrs and other unwanted excess material from part surfaces without affecting the parts themselves.
Committed to Cutting-Edge CNC Milling, Turning and other Technologies
Upland Fab began using CNC technology in 1985. As this technology evolved, we evolved along with it. Keeping up with advancements in CNC turning, milling, and machining technology has enabled us to provide consistent, high-quality service to our customers over the years, and ensures that we will be around to serve our customers for years to come.
Upland Fabrication's Experienced Plastic Machining Team
Upland Fabrication is a family-owned business that rewards employees for loyalty. As a result, our engineers have been with us for many years, gaining and building on experience and expertise in machining composites and plastics that other companies just cannot match.
Top-Flight Communication is Key
Communication is a top priority at Upland Fab. To ensure that you constantly receive updates on the progress of your project, we will assign a single point of contact to you who will be in touch with you every step of the way.
Contact Upland Fab to Learn More About Our CNC Capabilities
No part is too complex for Upland Fab. We've been providing top-flight plastics and composite machining in Southern California since 1970. Contact Upland Fab today to learn more about our CNC machining capabilities. We look forward to hearing from you!